There are a few things to do before semester starts.
1. Please make sure you have read the course guide and that you have a clear sense of the shape and structure of the course. Please email the course tutor to let them know you’ve ‘arrived’, and if you’ve any queries or concerns.
2. You’ll need to get familiar with this course site, and your own lifestream-blog. Start with the guidance in the course handbook, which tells you how to set up lifestream feeds.
3. Please set up a profile of yourself in your WordPress blog, to make it easy for everyone to get a sense of who we are. There are 22 students studying ‘Digital cultures’ this semester.
4. Please add the film festival tutorials to your diary – these are:
Wednesday 15th January: 11am-12noon
Thursday 16th January: 8pm-9pm
5. We will be having tutorials in Google hangouts in weeks 3, 6, and 10, so you will need to set up an account with Google (if you don’t already have one) to access these.
Please sign up below in Moodle, and also add the hangout times/dates to your diary (you only need to attend one hangout in each of these weeks). Note that each session is limited to 9 participants:
Week 3: Tuesday 28th January: 11am or Wednesday 29th January: 11am or Wednesday 29th January: 8pm SIGN UP HERE
Week 6: Tuesday 18th February: 11am or Wednesday 19th February: 11am or Wednesday 19th February: 8pm SIGN UP HERE
Week 10: Tuesday 17th March: 11am or Wednesday 18th March: 11am or Wednesday 18th March: 8pm SIGN UP HERE
6. We’ll be using Twitter a lot in this course – particularly in the final block – so if you’re not tweeting already, please get yourself set up with a Twitter account and a sense of how it works. There are full instructions on this in the course guide and in the programme Technologies Handbook. Our Twitter hashtag is #mscedc.